Sunday, April 6, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL - TERENCE AND KAILIN ARE TOGETHER

Terence Lee and Koh Kailin are officially together, it was announced at a press conference yesterday.

Mr. Terence Lee, 22, a first year journalism student at NTU, has publicly declared that he and Ms. Koh Kailin, 22, a part-time account executive and SOT student, are an item.

"Yes indeed it is an exciting time for the both of us, and I believe it is kind of unexpected for a lot of people," said Mr. Lee.

The couple had known each other since April last year, when they were working together at Attributes Pte Ltd. Mr. Lee was working as an editorial assistant, while Ms. Koh a marketing assistant who doubled as a cashier.

While love was buzzing in the office, apparently many were kept unawares.

For Ms. Quek Xiaowei, then working as a marketing executive, it was a total shock. Ms. Quek was Mr. Lee's ex-cell group leader.

"I didn't even know! Terence didn't even tell me! I didn't know that they even spoke to one another much at work," she said during an imagined interview.

Mr. Robin Thor, general manager of Attributes, could not be reached for comment.

However, Ms. Koh attributed the surprise reaction to the fact that they weren't "really close" at that point of time.

"It was on MSN, and soon after his SOT graduation, that we really got to know one another," she added.

They were officially attached on April 4th, 2008, but they never deliberately planned it to be on that date. In fact, they confessed that they didn't even know about it until the next day.

"It's so typical of him lah, always not aware of things. But kind of charming in a way," said Ms. Koh.

While they originally intentioned to be attached in August this year, things did not go as planned.

While his mom advised him to wait, Mr. Lee felt that it did not really make sense.

"I mean, we were already so close, what's the point of waiting, really? We didn't want to put up an act and say that we're not together when in fact we are."

For Mr. Lee's university friends, they felt it was only a matter of time. Some of them have even placed bets as too how long would they take to be together. Ms. Sarah Amnah won $50 for betting on April.

"Aiyah, I knew they wouldn't wait until August one sia. But they're so cuuuute lah!" she said.

For Mr. Lim Weili, he felt the arrangement was a match made in heaven, and in the bank as well. He considers having a degree-wielding girlfriend who's already working an advantage.

"It's good for Terence, really, and quite smart! I mean, he's still a student, and money can be an issue here. Now Terence doesn't always have to pay for dinner dates and stuff, so I would say he's ingenious!"

However, Mr. Lee is not worried that money will be an issue. He is aiming for an SPH scholarship this year, which he is confident of getting. Amidst the rising trend of relationships not making it to marriage, the couple hopes theirs can be different.

"I mean, I know there are uncertainties and difficulties, and I sure know that things rarely go as planned and all, but I want to believe and really make this thing work," said Mr. Lee.

Ms. Koh echoed his sentiments.

"As Pastor Tan has mentioned before, we want to do something that is really built to last. And as long as we continue to love one another and communicate, things will work out fine. If God has put us together, then He will keep us together."

***Updated New flash - TERENCE AND KAILIN ARE TOGETHER

Mr. Ian Chong, 35, Zone Supervisor of Mr. Terence for past 3 yrs plus, comments after reading that Terence and Kailin are togther.

"Well, Terence is old enough to make his own decision. Right now I am too happy for him and hope that they will encourage each other in the Lord when they spend time together," said Mr Chong.